Quantity and Frequency of Microsoft Requests
Microsoft provides nonprofits, charities, and libraries with an allotment of product donations that can be requested per two-year cycle. Your organisation's two-year cycle begins with its first donation request after April 5, 2022. After two years, a new cycle begins, and a new allotment is available.
During its two-year cycle, an eligible organisation can request
- Up to 50 of each donated desktop product
There is no limit to the number of times an organisation can make a Microsoft donation request within the two-year cycle as long as they have not used up their full allotment. After two years, a new cycle begins, and the allotment is reset.
About the 50-Product Maximum for Desktop and Licence-Only Products
This limit applies to
- Products that run on an individual computer (such as Office or Windows)
The 50-product allotment usually allows an organisation to install a particular type of product on up to 50 computers. However, organisations that run multiple Windows operating systems on a single computer generally can install only as many instances of the product as they have licences. For more information, see the Product Use Rights section of Licensing Details for Microsoft Products.
About the Two-Year Cycle
Your organisation's Microsoft two-year donation cycle begins when your organisation places its first request for Microsoft product donations. If your organisation requested any Microsoft donations prior to April 5, 2022, its cycle was reset, and its new cycle began on the date of its first Microsoft donation request after April 5, 20122.
Your organisation's cycle will run for two years from this initial start date. It will then be immediately reset and run for another two years, and so on. For example, if an organisation's first cycle starts on October 12, 2022, its new cycle will begin at 12:00 a.m. Pacific time on October 12, 2024, at which point the organisation has a new allotment.
Microsoft Discount and Cloud Offers
Organizations can request an unlimited number of discounted Microsoft products or cloud offers.
Requests that an organization places for discounted Microsoft products must include at least five licenses. The five licenses can be the same product or a combination of different products. This requirement is waived for the products listed below.
Products That Can Be Requested with No Minimum Quantity
The following server products can be requested without the usual requirement for at least five licenses per request.
- BizTalk Server Standard (Discounted)
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service On-Premises Device CAL (Discounted)
- Dynamics 365 for Customer Service On-Premises User CAL (Discounted)
- Dynamics 365 for Sales On-Premises Device CAL (Discounted)
- Dynamics 365 for Sales On-Premises User CAL (Discounted)
- Dynamics 365 for Team Members On-Premises Device CAL (Discounted)
- Dynamics 365 for Team Members On-Premises User CAL (Discounted)
- SQL Server Standard Edition, Core-Based Licensing (Discounted)
- SQL Server Enterprise Edition, Core-Based Licensing (Discounted)
- System Center Datacenter (Discounted)
- System Center Standard (Discounted)
- Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN (Discounted)
- Visual Studio Professional with MSDN (Discounted)
- Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN (Discounted)
- Windows Remote Desktop Services – External Connector License (Discounted)
- Windows Server Datacenter (Discounted)
- Windows Server External Connector License (Discounted)