Now that you have created your Microsoft account, you can set up your VLSC Account.
1. Click Sign In – here you can sign in with the Microsoft Account that you have created.
2. Choose to sign in with a"work account" or a Microsoft account.
- Most organizations should choose Microsoft account. You'll create a new account during this process.
- You should choose work account only if both of the following are true:
- Your organization has already created a nonprofit account with Microsoft to use cloud services like Office 365 or Azure.
- Your organization's email address that is registered with TechSoup (the address where you received the initial VLSC email) is associated with your organization's nonprofit account with Microsoft.
3. You will be asked to enter your email address.
- If you chose Microsoft account, don't enter your email address yet. Instead, select the option to create a new account. Then enter your organization's email address that is registered with TechSoup and follow the on-screen instructions to create your account.
- If you chose work account, enter your organization's email address that is both registered with TechSoup and associated with an existing nonprofit account from Microsoft. You'll be asked for your password and to confirm your email address. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
Once you have input your Business E-mail and confirmed it, press Submit.
4. You will receive an email that welcomes you to the Volume Licensing Service Center and asks you to validate your information. Wait at least 15 minutes and then click the link in this email to validate your email address. You'll need to wait at least this long because there is a lag before the VLSC makes the terms and conditions available.
Need help with VLSC registration? Call Microsoft VLSC support at 1-866-230-0560, option 4. Let them know that you represent a charity that received a Microsoft product, and you need help with an Open License Agreement.
You can also watch a video from Microsoft to learn how to register (Internet Explorer required). The video uses the term "Windows Live ID," which is the former name for a Microsoft account.
Step Two : Accept Your Agreement
After you click the link in the welcome email to validate your email address, you should be signed in on the VLSC website. If not, simply go to the VLSC and sign in before proceeding.
You'll be prompted to sign and accept the terms and conditions of the Open License Agreement.
You'll need to accept a new agreement each time you place a product request for Microsoft software.
To accept the agreement terms
- Select the following options and then click Display.
- Open License Type: Open or Commercial (not Charity)
- Country of Usage: Your country
- Language: Your preferred language
- Review the Open License Agreement, enter your name, and click I Accept.
Here, you can confirm your Open Licence Type (this should default to Charity), Country of Usage (Australia) and the Language (English). Press the button that says Display to show the full Licence Agreement details.
Once you have confirmed these details, type your full name into the box on this page and press I Accept.
Your VLSC Account is now ready to go and you can retrieve your Activation Keys.
If you aren't immediately prompted with the terms and conditions on the VLSC, It might take up to 48 hours for access to be granted. Keep the validation email and click the link in it again after a 48-hour period.
Need help with accepting your agreement? Call Microsoft VLSC support at 1-866-230-0560, option 4. Let them know that you represent a charity that received a Microsoft product, and you need help with an Open License Agreement.