To participate in the TechSoup New Zealand programme, New Zealand Charities, Voluntary and Community groups with charitable and non-profit status must meet the eligibility criteria outlined below. Our partners have differing eligibility requirements.
1 Does your organisation have a Charities Register Number (CRN)/CC number?
- No - apply online for a CRN through Charities Services or proceed to number 2.
- Yes – Register online here
2 Does your organisation have non-profit status?
Please Register online here and submit the below documents
For not-for-profit organisations approved for tax exemption:
● Certificate of registration or
incorporation with your IRD number;
● The organization’s tax exempt status IRD number as listed on the IRD
website, available online:
https://myir.ird.govt.nz/eservices/home/?link=RWTEXRE ; or
● A written confirmation of the organization’s tax exempt
status issued by the IRD.
If you don’t have the above requested documents, let us know and we may be able to accept other documents (such as a letter issued by charities services).
All documentation may be scanned then emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your organisation is not listed on the Charities Services register and is unable to produce the relevant documents, we will be unable to qualify your organisation for the donations programme.
Once an organisation has met the above core programme criteria, organisations must also also meet specific requirements of the donor partners that offer the products through TechSoup New Zealand. To determine if your organisation is likely to be eligible for donated products from our partners, please review the relevant partner pages below:
- Microsoft eligibility criteria and guidelines
- Symantec Enterprise eligibility criteria and guidelines (server)
- Symantec Desktop eligibility criteria and guidelines (stand alone)
- Bytes of Learning eligibility criteria and guidelines
- Mailshell eligibility criteria and guidelines
- Telosa eligibility criteria and guidelines